Looking for your new home may be exciting but it can also be overwhelming. Here are our tips to make finding your dream property a breeze:
1. Have a clear budget in mind and know your finances – being pre-approved for a mortgage will help speed up the buying process. Enlisting a mortgage advisor at the start is a great way to go.
2. Make a list of priorities that your new home needs to feature.
3. Register with a local agent and let them know what you are looking for so they can contact you when a relevant property comes up.
4. Research the area and local amenities, think about schools, doctors’ surgeries, bus routes and anything else that are important to you. Are there any plans for the area in the future that could pose a problem? Speak with other locals and the local council.
5. Ask about neighbours, is the local area friendly and a nice place to live?
6. Think about potential, a property may not be 100% right now but could it be? Ask about planning permission opportunities.
7. Make a list of positives and negatives – we all must compromise on some things, but do the good points outweigh the bad?
8. Visit and visit again – book multiple viewings if you can, to make sure it is the right home for you.
9. Consider the running costs and how much it will be to get the property looking exactly how you want it to.
10. Book a thorough survey.
We thought you might find these homes interesting...